on July 11, 2018
Pine floors are easy to work with. This is why many options are available when you’re tired of your dull floor. One of those is to paint your floor covering.
Some floor paints are requiring many working days to be able to achieve the project. Also, if the selected paint contains enamel, you must wear a paint mask to avoid the product’s toxicity.
However, did you know that there are floor paint types that are made of floor varnishes, that dries really quickly and are non-toxic?
Ideal for all indoor surfaces, this paint will allow you to give a fresh new look to your decor. The satin finish will give a rich and elegant touch to your project. With its superior resistance, the Finitec DESIGN paint is waterborne, odorless, dries fast and is easy to apply.
Furthermore, this paint may be applied on top of any finish type already in place and is not requiring any bare wood sanding.
Its application process is really simple:
- Preparation: Thoroughly clean the surface with an extra powerful cleaner in order to eliminate accumulated dirt, grease, oil or waxes. Abrade the surface with 120 grit sandpaper. Finitec’s floor sanding machine is recommended for larger surfaces. Vacuum the surface and tack to remove dust.
- Directions for use: Before proceeding, if you are applying pastel colors, we recommend applying an all surface primer to maximize the opacity.
- Stir the paint with a clean stir stick to ensure homogeneity of product.
- Cut around the room with a paint brush.
- Apply a first coat evenly using a 10mm lint free roller or brush.
- Allow 2 to 3 hours between coats for paint to dry.
- Usually 2 coats are enough.
- Protection: To protect the paint pigment, we recommend applying 1 to 2 coats of clear coat on top.
You liked the experience? Did you know that this paint is also ideal to change the look of your old kitchen cabinet or antique furniture?
We hope that this article inspired yourself to realize your project.
For all the information about the paint and the list of colors available, you may visit Finitec DESIGN paint page.